$1,000 scholarship awarded to one (1) high school senior student selected by the Hudson Pride Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Each individual student selected as an HPF scholarship winner is eligible to receive a maximum lifetime award of up to $4,000.
1) Applicant must be a Columbia County School District resident.
2) Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award OR an undergraduate continuing his or her education in an accredited college/university and has maintained a 3.0 GPA or better. Proof of GPA is required.
3) Applicant must demonstrate positive-impact or involvement and/or significant improvement/success and community involvement, determined through letters of recommendation in relationship to advancing the equality of the LGBT community.
Applicant must submit the following items:
1) Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
2) Two (2) letters of recommendations (or more) from high school teacher, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s experience and involvement in the LGBT community (Please, no family members)
3) A recent official high school transcript with cumulative grade point Average (GPA)
4) Personal Essay: "How have you made a positive difference in the LGBT community?"
Deadline for the application is Wednesday, June 1 2016.
Applications postmarked or time stamped after this date will not be considered.